Unlike the shift work of the Home Health Aide and Certified Nursing Assistant positions, the Live-in Caregiver or companion actually stays with the client 24 hours a day for typically 2-4 days at a time.
Clients who qualify for this level of care require less hourly medical assistance and are in need of someone to ensure their safety during waking hours and typically sleep throughout the night.
Following the live-in caregiver’s scheduled time at the client’s home, they are allowed to return home for several days to tend to personal business and to “recharge” before returning back to work.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides assist/stand by assist to clients in activities of daily living including but not limited to personal hygiene, dressing, ambulation, elimination, exercises, activity, and nutrition.
- Takes and records vitals, weight and pulse ox as assigned.
- Maintains current and accurate clinical records.
- Communicates changes in client and family status to case manager or director.
- Assists with light housekeeping and meal preparation as assigned.
- Assist with client transport as assigned / requested.
- Provide companionship.